You can enter a body of work that captures any aspect of Home & Habitat! The subject is totally up to you (you can get some ideas from here). Your photos can be in colour, or black and white. They can be landscape, portraiture, street photography, or any other genre. Any capture method or process, whether digital or analog, including monochromatic toning, is welcome.
Please share this opportunity with your photographic group or community.
Entered images will be automatically added to Wikimedia Commons and could be used to illustrate articles on Wikipedia and its sister projects, thus changing how people think and feel about Africa, its people, and its realities online.
Images, if placed on a Wikipedia article can be viewed thousands of times - like this image that has been viewed over 604,151 times since it was uploaded for Wiki Loves Africa in 2019.
How do you enter Wiki Loves Africa?
It's as simple as 1,2,3:
- Take photos!
- Select the best! Please be aware that only images over 3mb and images without watermarks or identifying marks will be considered.
- Register on Wikimedia Commons. You have to be registered on Wikimedia Commons to enter the competition. Make sure your email is enabled so that we can contact you if you are a winner!
- Upload your photos! Remember to describe the photo and add relevant categories to the image. NOTE: to be eligible for national prizes select the country the image was taken in.
- What now? Winners will be announced in June, but there are more photo competitions and additional ways to ensure that the true faces, cultures, realities, and ideas of Africa are seen through Wikipedia. Find ideas here.
Photographs will not be considered if ...
- The photograph has watermarks, timestamps, or image credits embedded on the picture itself or any other kind of editing which associates the image with the uploader.
- The entries are not encyclopedic, educational, nor fall within Commons scope. Each entry will be hosted on Wikimedia Commons. Any that do not will be disqualified and may be deleted without notice.
- The photograph is already on Commons (re-uploading existing images is not allowed).