A legacy continued with the refurbished Thornybush Game Lodge
Operating since 1961, the iconic Thornybush Game Lodge is a legend of many tales, every guest that has visited is part of its legacy. Reopened on the 23rd of December 2022 after a 7-week refurbishment, Game Lodge is breathing fresh air into the private reserve again. Preserving its history and charm was at the top of the brief for interior designer, Caline Williams-Wynn. She was tasked with reinvigorating the classic lodge with modern and historical luxurious features and accents. The history of Greater Kruger safaris is felt throughout the lodge and the importance of sustainability is visible. We're excited for our guests to indulge, and feel at home because Thornybush Game Lodge has reimagined safari hospitality.
The purpose of this refurbishment was to improve the standard of the lodge, reduce its size and ensure that the property will continue to be a front-runner of premium safari lodges in the Greater Kruger National Park.
Keeping to the core of luxury safari
Our aim was to ensure that everything that is loved and treasured about Game Lodge was maintained, and kept to the high-level standard that has been carried throughout all these years. As a first-time or repeat guest, we hope that you experience the same treasures and charm of the iconic property, whilst enjoying the elevated modernised environment.
What you can expect:
- A beautiful, fresher and modernised lodge that appeals to multi-generations
- A family and group-friendly lodge
- Downsized lodge for improved ambience (fewer rooms)
- An enlarged pool area with more seating and lounging
- Sustainability in day-to-day lodge operations
- Preserved historical features and pieces that are uniquely presented
- The same warmth, premium hospitality and safari experiences
Book your STO rates and let your guests be the first to experience it
* SA Resident Rates T's and C's apply
* Pay 3 Stay 4 T's and C's apply
Travel Trade bookings: email [email protected] or call +27 11 253 6500
Wedding bookings: email [email protected]
Exclusive: Opening in May 2023 at Thornybush Game Lodge
- Karama House (private family villa)
- Wellness Centre and Gymnasium